AML and KYC – Anti-Money Laundering & Know Your Customer Training
THIS COURSE WAS NOMINATED AS 2022 TOP 10 RISK MANAGEMENT PROGRAMME BY FINDCOURSES.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF OUR EARLY BIRD PROMOTION – BOOK NOW & SAVE £200!
We offer a unique opportunity to complete this programme remotely via a virtual class which will be delivered on 30 Jun 2023 from 9 a.m until 5 p.m.
The course is conducted by a very senior FCA expert with over 30 years of experience. The sessions are very practical and interactive and will include discussions, Q&As and exercises. You will receive a set of course materials and a course certificate on completion.
The Prevention, Detection and Investigation of Financial Crime. Understand where the risks lay in your organisation and the laws that shape our activities.
Governments and financial markets throughout the world recognise Financial Crime as one of the greatest threats to the global financial services industry.
The FCA has increased its efforts to fight every aspect of financial crime: Money laundering, terrorist financing, market manipulation and data theft. Along with partner agencies, the FCA looks towards the firms they regulate when combating financial crime. Firms are required to work together with the FCA and the international community in their efforts to make it harder for criminals to exploit their businesses and their clients.
The market regulator expects your company to understand where the risks lay in your firm and react appropriately as part of your governance framework.
During this intensive 1 day course we will illustrate this real and significant threat to our industry and show you how to take a proactive approach to financial crime, enhance the policies, processes and procedures you currently have in place and ensure that everyone in your organisation is ready to protect your firm and the market place.
What will you learn
By the end of the course delegates will:
Appreciate and understand the latest crime prevention regulation (national and international)
Understand the elements necessary to create the right corporate culture
Recognise key elements of ‘Know Your Client’ documentation
Respond quickly to criminal behaviour by introducing alert systems which react appropriately and quickly to any potential criminal situations
Recognise how to investigate more quickly and escalate suspicious activity, reducing the damage to the firm
Protect the firm’s reputation by avoiding the media spotlight created by high-profile incidents of firms being victims of financial crimes
Develop a solid overview of their firm’s vulnerabilities and the controls and procedures needed to address them in an increasingly complex global industry
You may be also interested in one of the following programmes:
Register for any 2 public courses at the same time and save £100 + VAT (in total, not per course).
Main topics covered during this training
- Money laundering and terrorist financing
- Suspicious activity indicators and transaction reporting
- Setting up effective KYC procedures
- Customer due diligence and record keeping
- International regulatory standards
- Financial Action Task Force (FATF)
- Analyse the effectiveness of your firm’s AML/CTP processes and procedures
- Practical Tips in AML Management
- Setting up action plan
- Case studies and exercises
Who should attend
From Commercial, Central and Investment Banks as well as other financial institutions:
- Compliance Officers
- Financial Officers
- Risk Officers
- Internal Auditors
- Operational Risk Managers
- Staff with roles and responsibilities in AML and anti-terrorist financing activities
AML & KYC - ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING & KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER COMPLIANCE - A 1 DAY COURSE
Understand money laundering & terrorist financing
- What is money laundering?
- The importance of the preventing money laundering activities by the international community?
- Who are the real victims of financial crime?
- Understanding and recognising the common products and services
- used by those who launder money
- What is considered as terrorist financing?
The global response to financial crime
- What is the Financial Action Task Force and what are its 40 recommendations?
- An introduction to international sanctions
- UK Anti Money Laundering ‘AML’ and Counter Terrorist Financing ‘CTF’
- Explanation of the Proceeds of Crime Act and its role in combating financial crime:
– Key foreign activity
– US Foreign Policy
- Office of Foreign Asset Control
- An introduction to the FCA’s role in establishing controls
– The relevant FCA rules and regulations
– Their impact on your firm
Defensive strategies of your firm
- Internal controls, policies, processes and procedures
- Compliance strategies
- 3 lines of defence
- Governance, oversight and reporting
- Mitigation and remedial activities
Mechanisms to understand who your clients are
- The UK sanctions regime
– Understanding the different types of sanctions
– Your firm’s activities in relation to sanctions
- Client due diligence ‘CDD’ / Enhanced due diligence ‘EDD’
- Identification and verification ‘ID&V’
– How to distinguish which of your clients are more likely to be involved in AML / CTF activities
- Know Your Client ‘KYC’
– The importance of client documentation from a commercial and regulatory perspective
- The FCA’s views regarding client documentation
The reporting and identification of suspicious transactions
- Overview of the necessary levels of employee training, their understanding of the steps involved in committing financial crime and the official/legal definitions
- Introduction to the escalation and reporting procedures of enforcement bodies
- Identifying potential and emerging risks within your firm
- Managing the client relationship after reports have been made
Recognising and responding to financial crimes and suspicious transactions
- Case study exercises in analysing documentation, client circumstances and activity
- Review of the good and poor practices of firms responding to financial crime
– Recognition of financial crime being committed
– Consider current internal reporting procedures
- Consider how your firm’s current AML/CTF policies, processes and procedures can be enhanced to ensure they continue to have the appropriate safeguards to prevent financial crime
- What actions are to be taken at each level within your firm
– Senior management
– Team leaders
Course summary & close
Paul is a regulatory expert with over 20 years of experience in the financial services. Previously a Compliance Director with one of the country’s largest Investment Management firm, before moving into consultancy and holding interim roles as Head of Compliance and MLRO as well as leading a number of projects that took firms such as Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein, Axa and Deustche Bank through authorisation and responding to the FCA sanctions.
His professional experience includes the development and implementation of compliance processes and procedures that include areas such as: governance and oversight, effective systems and controls, client on-boarding and market conduct projects. His area of expertise includes Financial Crime, Client Assets, Conduct Risk, Governance and Oversight, Senior Management Regime and Effective Compliance Monitoring.
He has worked closely with the FCA, Financial Ombudsman Service and the Finance and Lease Association on complaint handling and management and continues to work with Financial Service firms in negotiations with the FCA. He has recently taken on Head of Compliance, Money Laundering Reporting Officer and Head of Client Money Client Assets positions for a Portfolio Management firm and an emerging Peer to Peer platform.
We offer banking and finance courses as well as soft skills and business management training. You can either attend an open public course in London or Dubai or arrange customised in-house training to be delivered in any of your offices worldwide.
Most of our public courses are run over 2 full days. Some programmes are offered as a 1 or 3 day training.
In-house training is tailored to client’s requirements and can be organised over 1 day, 2-3 weeks or longer.
Public courses are organised mainly in London and Dubai. Occasionally we organise courses in other centres like Paris or New York. Check our public course calendar for the current list of programmes. We use a range of training venues, all in the centre of the cities and with excellent transport links to the airports and train stations.
In London we use venues in the centre (near Oxford Circus station or in Mayfair) or in the City (near Liverpool Street or Moorgate stations).
In Dubai our courses are organised in one of 4-5* hotels in the Deira district. Once you register we will send you detailed information together with accommodation options if required.
Our in-house courses can be delivered anywhere in the world. We work with over 25 trainers worldwide. Contact us do discuss your requirements. Check our list of available programmes.
Our courses are run in central locations from 9 a.m until 5-5.30 p.m. There are 2 coffee breaks and a lunch break. Lunch is always provided in the venue.
Dress code is smart casual.
All our programmes are taught by senior specialists who have spent many years in their respective sectors, working as senior managers and head of departments, so they understand very well the market and the challenges you are facing.
The experience of our trainers allows us to create very practical programmes, focused on current market trends and challenges. You can be sure that you will gain the knowledge which can be instantly applied in your workplace after the course. You will be analysing real life case studies, take part in group exercises and discussions as well as role plays, whenever applicable.
We want our courses to be as practical and interactive as possible so we limit the number of participants in order to optimise your time with the trainer and allow you to ask questions which are important for you.
In order to understand your requirements and expectations, we will send you a pre-course questionnaire.
You will also receive post-course support so if you have any questions after you left the training, you are welcome to contact us.
There are 2 easy ways to register:
- Go to the course of your choice and click Register Now button to fill the registration page
- Email us to email@example.com
After you register, we will send you registration confirmation and an invoice so you can arrange the payment. Please note that your place is not confirmed until we receive it.
If you register within Early Bird discount period, there’s limited time to arrange the payment in order to be eligible for the discount. You will find all the details on the invoice.
We don’t advise to make any travel and hotel arrangements until you receive full course confirmation from us.
We will send you venue and course details as soon as possible but most likely about 3-4 weeks prior to the course commencement.
You can pay by:
- Making a bank transfer
- Debit/credit card
- Cheque payable to Eureka Financial Ltd. - only within UK
Just mark preferred paying option on the registration form. Whichever form of payment you choose we will always send you an invoice.
If you pay by card, a 2.2% processing fee will be added. We will send you authorisation form so you can give us your card details.
Included in the price of a public course are:
- Course tutorial
- Take away course materials
- Course Certificate
- Lunch on the days of the training as well as drinks and snacks throughout the course
The price doesn’t include accommodation, flights, transfers and any additional costs outside of the training venue.
Yes, we always offer Early Bird discount, so the sooner you register the more savings you can make. We also offer group discounts and if you register for 2 or more programmes at the same time.
If you are a full time student or unemployed, we offer a 25% discount of the full price of the training. Student ID or unemployment status confirmation is required to claim this discount.
If you attend one of our courses you will be entitled to a special discount for a year after the last course you attend with us. Also, if you have attended and recommended us to a friend, both you and your friend will receive a special discount. You will receive more information about it after you attend the course.
See our Customer Loyalty Discounts page for more details.
All our courses based in the UK are subject to the VAT charge of 20%. This fee is irrespective of the country of residence of the delegates.
You can, however, claim the VAT back by contacting UK tax office - HMRC, and filling the relevant form, as long as you comply with the following rules:
For Delegates coming from the EU countries
If you represent a registered business in another EU country, you can use the Refund Scheme to reclaim VAT you pay in the UK as long as all of the following apply:
- You're not registered for VAT in the UK and don't have to, or can't be, registered here
- You don't have a place of business or a residence in the UK
- You don't make any supplies in the UK
You can find some more information here. In order to claim the VAT you have to fill Form 65.
For the Delegates from Non EU countries
If you represent a registered business in a non-EU country, you can use the Refund Scheme to reclaim VAT you pay in the UK as long as all of the following apply:
- You're not registered for VAT in the UK and don't have to, or can't be, registered here
- You don't have a place of business or a residence in the EU
- You can only use the Refund Scheme if your own country operates a similar scheme and makes it available to UK businesses. If your country has its own Refund Scheme but doesn't let UK businesses use it, you can't claim under the UK Refund Scheme.
- You don't make any supplies in the UK
If the following rules apply to you, please fill the 65A form and send it to HMRC.
You can cancel your participation up to a month before the course and receive a refund minus 10% of the full course value. Between 2-4 weeks before the course you will be charged 50% cancellation fee and if you cancel less than 2 weeks before the course you can only offer your place to a colleague. Up to 2 weeks before the course you can reregister for another edition for 10% reregistration fee if there is another webinar offered or you can rebook for a course in London by paying the difference in price plus 10% reregistration fee.
If there is any official travel restriction or difficulty related to the COVID pandemic around the time of the course we will convert the training into a webinar or offer to attend the next classroom edition at no extra cost.
If you are unable to attend the course, you can either send a replacement at no extra charge or, up to 10 days before the training, you can transfer your booking to another edition within the next 6 months paying administrative fee of 20% of the full course price. For any cancellation requests received between 11 days and 4 weeks from the course we offer 50% refund or reregistration to another edition for 25% of the value of the booking. For any cancellation requests received more than 4 weeks before the course date we will offer a refund less an administration fee of 10% of the full course price.
Cancellations must be made in writing (letter or email) and reach our office four weeks prior to the course date. We regret that only limited refunds can be given after this period as per points above. Non-attendance without any notification will be charged at full rate. Your place on a course is not guaranteed until we receive the payment. All payments must be made in full before the course date.
All our trainers have been working for many years in their respective sectors before they begun to teach so they bring a wealth of practical experience to the classroom.
Most of them used to work for 15 or more years in the financial sector and corporate world, and were holding positions of Directors, VP and Senior Managers. Some of them have published books and have written articles for specialised magazines and newspapers including FT, The Independent, The Times etc. You can find detailed biography of each trainer on the page of the course you want to register for.
Yes, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance at the end of the course you attend.
If you have to apply for a Visa to attend a course in the UK, we will issue a letter to support your application. The letter will be issued only after the payment for the course has been made.
It is delegate’s responsibility to obtain a Visa and failure to do so will not make the participant exempt from the cancellation policy.
Anyone suspected of applying for a training course simply to gain a Visa letter will be reported to their embassy.
We will need the following information to issue an invitation letter:
- Full name as it appears on your passport
- Date of birth
- Passport number
- Passport issue date
- Passport expiry date
30 Jun 2023, Online / Virtual
Register by 31 Mar to save £200
Early bird price £720 + VAT
Regular price £920 + VAT
10% discount for 3 people. There is no VAT charge for participants from outside of the EU and companies from outside of UK.
This topic can be arranged on in-house basis. If you have a group of 4 or more we can customise it and deliver in any location worldwide. Contact us to discuss your requirements