Hedge Funds - Role Redefined?
30 November 2009 London, City Location 9.00-12.30
You may be interested in our 2 day Hedge Fund Strategies course - 15-16 October, London & Dubai. Sign for both courses at the same time and receive 10% discount of the full value of the 2 day course.
Half Day Workshop
Main Topics Covered During This Workshop
- Lessons learnt from 2008
- How big is the Hedge Funds universe now?
- The latest strategies in the hedge funds industry and how the latest market events affected this sector
- Should you still have hedge funds in your portfolio and why? Examining pros and cons
- Benchmarking and due diligence process
- Risk management for hedge funds: legal, credit, operational, financial and other
- The roles of prime brokers, custodians and fund managers
Who Should Attend
This workshop aims at anyone who is investing or otherwise involved in the hedge funds universe and want to understand changes that are taking place in this sector.
- Risk Management
- Fund Management
- Sales & Distribution Management
- Investor Solution Teams
- Audit, Legal & Compliance Teams
- Pension Fund Managers & Trustees
- Custodians & Fund Administrators
- Prime Brokers
- Family Office Investors
- Hedge Fund Analysts
- Structured Products Managers
- Investment Advisory
- Investor Relations
- Investment Risk & Performance
- Relationship/ Wealth Management
- Private Investors
Paul started his career in 1983 at Royal Insurance in the long-term equity portfolio team. In 1990 he joined Swedish insurer Trygg-Hansa’s London start-up operation to manage its UK Equity exposure.
In 1994 he moved into the Private Client arena, as part of the Investment Unit of Lloyds Private Banking & over a two year period diversified away from an exclusive analytical/Fund Management role to incorporate an extensive presentational package on the Bank’s investment strategy delivered ‘on the road’ to its network of offices around the country.
In 1996 Paul joined Bank of Butterfield to head up the global Equity research effort in London in support of the Bank’s (offshore) private client base. By this time that he had also developed training material covering most aspects of Portfolio Management & the behaviour of institutional investors for delivery (as a freelance consultant) to a wide range of audiences in the UK & abroad. This was subsequently extended to incorporate the Private Client Asset Management area.
Paul had a spell with an international high-risk security company analysing the operations of quoted oil & mining corporates worldwide. In 2000 Paul moved into full time training with main course providers, specialising in Fund Management, Equity Markets, Private Banking & Hedge Funds.
Clients trained include Citigroup, Man Investments, Axa Investment Managers, Barclays Global Investors, Brevan Howard, HSBC, Renaissance Capital.