Understanding the Bond Market
This programme is now available only on in-company basis. If you have a group of 3 or more we can deliver it in any location worldwide. Contact us to find out more.
Check here the list of our upcoming open public courses.
This one day programme provides a great introduction to bond and money markets. You will be taken through the fundamental bonds concepts, their structures and uses by government and corporates. The strategies for bond pricing and quantifying risk will help participants understand main market mechanisms. Finally, other money market and inflation linked securities will be explained in detail.
Run by a former City banker, this practical course is designed for everyone who wants to explore fixed income products and the latest market trends.
No prior fixed income knowledge is required but delegates are requested to bring calculators.
What Will You Learn
By the end of this course you will:
Main Topics Covered During This Training
Who Should Attend
Anyone new to fixed income market who wants to understand main instruments and mechanisms.
Understanding the Bond Market - A One Day Programme
- What is a bond?
- Different structures
- Fixed vs. floating interest
- What is LIBOR?
- Callable/putable structures
- Price/yield relationship
- Government vs. corporate bond vs. emerging markets
Simple mechanics of bond pricing
- Yield curve analysis
- What is yield curve?
- Understanding yield curve shapes
- Effects on financing and investment
- Liquidity – what does it really mean?
Quantifying interest rate risk
- Mastering duration
- Understanding its limitations
- Basis point value
- Government bills
- Commercial paper and medium term notes
- Debt obligations of banks
- Certificate of deposits
- Fed funds
- Bankers’ acceptances
Inflation linked securities
- Describe what is meant by inflation
- Identify why certain customers may wish to issue inflation linked bonds and what motivates investors to buy them
- Differentiate between real and nominal sums of money
Eureka Financial Faculty
- What kind of courses do you offer?
- How long are your courses?
- Where do you deliver your courses?
- What can I expect from attending your course?
- How do I register?
- What happens after I register?
- How do I pay?
- Whatâ€™s included in the price?
- Do you offer any discounts?
- What is your Cancellation Policy
- Who are your Trainers?