In-Company, call us for more information
This practical one day course is designed to provide an insight into the area of UCITS, showing how funds may select eligible assets and demonstrate how these instruments may be employed to achieve different investment objectives.
You will learn about the main characteristics of UCITS, their structure and objectives as well as about the key risk and performance indicators. Setting up funds in different jurisdictions and organising fund management and oversight will be discussed in detail.
You will learn about the regulatory reporting requirements, fund authorisation and distribution process as well as about organising effective governance and compliance monitoring structures.
What Will You Learn
By the end of this course you will have a solid understanding of:
Main Topics Covered During This Training
Main topics covered:
Who Should Attend
The course is relevant for Managers and Team Members from the
Asset and Fund Management, In
In-Company, call us for more information
Delegates have to be from the same company and register at the same time in order to claim the discount.
UCITS Funds - a One Day Course
Session One: Introduction to UCITS
- The purpose of funds
- Fund types in Europe
- Asset classes
- Open ended -v- closed ended
- UCITS, NURS, QIFs, Unauthorised Collective Investments
- What are UCITS?
- UCITS I - VI
- Who sets them up?
- Alternatives - the AIFMD
- Distribution of UCITS
- UCITS Products: long only, ETFs & Alternatives
Session Two: Structuring UCITS
- Legal structures
- UK -v- Ireland -v- Luxembourg
- Variable Capital Investment Company
- Unit Trust
- Common Contractual Fund
- Key differences
- Sub-Funds/Classes: assets/liabilities; distinguishing features
- UCITS Management Company
- Self-Managed Investment Company
Session Three: The Main Parties
- Transfer Agent
- Fund accountant
- Investment manager
- Legal adviser
- Who requires oversight?
Session Four: The Key Regulations
- The FCA handbooks
Session Five: Fund Governance
- Oversight by the Board
- Oversight of third parties
- The importance of challenge
- Fund governance and UCITS IV
- Service Level Agreements
- Identification of key SLAs
- Key Risk Indicators
- Key Performance Indicators
- Oversight organisation - first and second lines of defence
Session Six: Fund Documentation
- Trust deed/Instrument of incorporation
- The prospectus
- Investor documentation
- Report & accounts
- TER & OCF
Session Seven: Eligible Assets
- Eligible Assets
- Transferable Securities
- Money Market Instruments
- Index Trackers/Replicators
- UCITS Funds of Funds
- Financial Derivatives
- Absolute Return
- Structured Products
- Commodities Index Products
Session Eight: Setting up UCITS Funds
- The Prospectus
- Selecting third parties
- Interaction with Regulator
- Documentation List
- Typical timeline
Session Nine: Fund Oversight
- Compliance monitoring plans
- Risk based reviews
- Key concerns of the FCA
- Evidence of good fund governance
Questions and Answers
Mark is a management consultant with thirty years experience of transfer agency, fund administration and wealth management. He graduated from the University of Cambridge with an MA in Natural Sciences.
Prior to setting up his own specialist fund administration consultancy, Mark spent three years as a computer programmer and project manager. He then joined Schroders where he automated the manual unit trust operations. He subsequently became Head of Administration and helped set up a third party administration company which specialised in launching new fund administration clients.
For the last 18 years, Mark has worked as a consultant with many of the leading managers to select and implement transfer agency and fund administration services in Europe. He has worked with over 50 well known clients across the asset management sectors on projects as diverse as fund launches, operations and systems reviews, TA service centre implementation, UCITS compliance reviews, fund administration outsourcing and training.
He is a Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Institute for Securities and Investments as well as co-founder and Deputy Chairman of the IT Forum.
- What kind of courses do you offer?
- How long are your courses?
- Where do you deliver your courses?
- What can I expect from attending your course?
- How do I register?
- What happens after I register?
- How do I pay?
- Whatâ€™s included in the price?
- Do you offer any discounts?
- What is your Cancellation Policy
- Who are your Trainers?