Learn how UCITS can help achieve your investment objectives, explore new products and market trends, and stay up-to-date with UCITS IV requirements.
This practical one day course is designed to provide an insight into the area of UCITS, showing how funds may select eligible assets and demonstrate how these instruments may be employed to achieve different investment objectives.
You will also have a chance to learn about the changes under UCITS IV directive which will further enhance the product range, distribution and management structure.
You will learn about the key concepts of UCITS and UCITS IV including the management company passport, cross-border distribution, mergers, master-feeder structures and key investor information.
Both Irish and Luxembourg regulatory requirements are discussed.
Main topics covered:
Click here to see full programme.
By the end of this course you will have a solid understanding of:
What Will You Learn
Main Topics Covered During This Training
Who Should Attend
The course is relevant for Managers and Team Members from the
Asset and Fund Management, Investment Banking, Hedge Funds and Institutional Investors with the following background
UCITS Funds - A One Day Programme
Session One: Introduction to UCITS
- What are UCITS?
- UCITS I, III and IV
- The European “Gold Standard”
- Who sets them up?
- The UCITS passport
- Plain vanilla
- UCITS Alternatives
The key features of UCITS
- Asset classes/eligible assets
- Borrowings and leverage
- Governance and transparency
Session Two: Structuring UCITS
- Legal structures
- Variable Capital Investment Company
- Unit Trust
- Common Contractual Fund
- Key differences
- Sub-Funds/Classes: assets/liabilities; distinguishing features
Session Three: Governance, Transparency and Custody
Governance and Transparency
- UCITS Management Company
- Self-Managed Investment Company
- Two-Man Management / 8 Key Management functions
- Liability and Responsibility
- Practical matters: reports, review, oversight
Custody & Depositaries
- Trustee functions
- Promoter/Investment Manager
- Periodic Reports
- Annual Audit
- Money Market Funds
- Trustee Reports
Session Four: Distribution of UCITS
- EU/EEA and beyond
- Facts and Figures
- Retail and Institutional
- Current and UCITS IV notification processes
- US/EU investors and master/feeder
Session Five: Eligible Assets and UCITS Alternatives
- High level investment restrictions
- Eligible Assets
- Transferable Securities
- Money Market Instruments
- Index Trackers/Replicators
- UCITS Funds of Funds
- Financial Derivatives
- Long/Short Equity Products
- Absolute Return
- Structured Products
- Hedge Fund/Commodities Index Products
- Loan Products
Leverage and VaR
- Borrowings v Leverage
- High level principles
- Sophisticated v Non-sophisticated
- VaR: Absolute/Relative
- Promoter Approval
- Investment Manager Approval
- Interaction with Regulator
- Documentation List
- Notifications and Launch
Questions and Answers
- What kind of courses do you offer?
- How long are your courses?
- Where do you deliver your courses?
- What can I expect from attending your course?
- How do I register?
- What happens after I register?
- How do I pay?
- Whatâ€™s included in the price?
- Do you offer any discounts?
- What is your Cancellation Policy
- Who are your Trainers?