Private Banking and Wealth Management
This programme is only available on in-company basis. Please, contact us for more information
This highly practical programme for private bankers and wealth managers is designed to equip you with the skill set and the best strategies for creating competitive offering for private clients.
Over 2 days spent with a former senior private banker with over 20 years of international experience, you will have a chance to explore the latest market trends, best products and services as well as estate and succession planning strategies.
You will also learn about the investment management process, asset allocation & portfolio construction principles as well as enhancing your personal impact skills from persuasion to communication and objection handling to increase client's retention and growth strategies.
You will gain the tools to build the strategy and business plan to competitively position your business and gain practical skills needed to deliver excellent results for your organisation and clients.
What Will You Learn
By the end of this course you will:
Main Topics Covered During This Training
Who Should Attend
In-Company, call us for more information
Private Banking & Wealth Management - A 2 Day Programme
Trends within the Global Wealth Management industry
This session will allow participants to become familiar with the latest developments in the private banking marketplace.
- State of the World’s wealth
- The Wealth Pyramid
- Key trends
- Performance and change
- Markets and clients
- Products and services
- Human Capital
- Operations & Technology
- Risk and Regulation
Products and Services of a Wealth Manager / Private Banker
- The Wealth management process
- Key elements
- Relationship management components
- The Wealth Management Plan
- The “traditional” offering
- Investment Management
- Estate / Succession Planning
An overview of the Asset Classes
- Money market instruments
- Bonds and Fixed income
- Mutual Funds
- Fund of Funds
- Manager of Managers
- ETF’s / ETC’s etc
Alternative Asset Classes
- Hedge Funds
- Private Equity
- Real estate
- Investments of Passion
- Structured Products
Successful Wealth Management Strategies
- Building the Strategy and Business Plan
- Identifying core competencies
- Client proposition
- Customer Value Management
- Talent management
- Business models and forms of collaboration
- Strategic levers of client retention and attrition
- Operational efficiency
- Performance metrics
- Onshore vs Offshore
- Fragmentation of the value chain
Case Study: A comparative analysis of different business models
The Investment Management Process, Asset Allocation & Portfolio Construction
- The Investment Policy Statement
- Risk and return
- Diversification, volatility and correlation
- The importance of Asset Allocation
- The significance of “asset locations”
- “Rebalancing” and “reallocation”
- Understanding economic cycles and the impact on Asset Allocation decisions
- The elements of the portfolio construction process
- Absolute vs relative return
Case Study: Fragmentation of the investment “value chain”
Understanding and exploring client needs
- Profiling and segmentation
- Recognising, understanding and reacting to client irrationality
- The “Trusted Advisor” model
- Managing the “client experience”
- The importance of planning and a structured approach
- The “advice” process
- Personal Impact Skills
- Knowing your own personality and communication style
- The importance of joint client planning sessions
- The portfolio approach
- Pipeline and Funnel management approaches
- Retention and growth strategies
- Distinguishing between client attention and relationship management
- Understanding the difference between a “continuation” and an “advance”
- Managing client relationship and wealth during difficult market conditions
- Moving clients to a higher tier
Case Study: The “Client Strategy” document
Our course director has over 20 years of international private banking experience. He began his career with Royal Bank of Canada where he spent 15 years in a wide variety of senior roles covering almost all aspects of the private banking business both onshore (London) and offshore (Bermuda). During this time he led successful asset management, trust and banking operations, focusing on the needs of international high net worth and ultra high net worth private clients.
He was also a member of the Global Private Banking Management team and managed many aspects of the integration of a substantial international private banking acquisition.
He has also worked with Swiss private banks where he was responsible for developing the international private client market in the UK. Throughout this period, he also maintained a portfolio of high net worth international private client relationships.
Bill has broad general wealth management experience but his particular area of expertise is developing financial planning solutions for international high net worth private clients and their businesses who have complex cross border planning issues including wealth structuring, tax and estate planning.
During his career Bill has had responsibility for designing and delivering financial education programmes for private banks, wealth managers, family offices, professional bodies and regulators in Europe, Middle East, USA, Canada, South America and Africa covering a broad range of financial, investment and soft skills subjects.
Bill is a Chartered Accountant (FCA), Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP) and Financial Planner (DipPFS).
- What kind of courses do you offer?
- How long are your courses?
- Where do you deliver your courses?
- What can I expect from attending your course?
- How do I register?
- What happens after I register?
- How do I pay?
- Whatâ€™s included in the price?
- Do you offer any discounts?
- What is your Cancellation Policy
- Who are your Trainers?