This practical 2 day workshop will equip you with the techniques for making effective presentations, focusing on how to prepare, write and deliver persuasive arguments. During the training you will receive a detailed feedback from the trainer assessing your strengths and limitations which will allow you to focus on perfecting your presentation style.
By the end of the training you will be able to:
Participants will be required to make a business presentation on the afternoon of the second day lasting approximately 15-20 minutes, and should come to the workshop with the necessary information and framework so that they are able to prepare the presentation during the evening of the first day.
Due to the very practical nature of this workshop the number of participants is strictly limited to maximum of 8 people. We advise to reserve your place early in order to avoid disappointment.
What Will You Learn
Main Topics Covered During This Training
The course is build around practical exercises. You will have to prepare and deliver a presentation which will help you in understanding your strong and weak points.
Who Should Attend
Presenting convincing arguments
- Typical situations where presentation skills are at a premium
- Key issues to consider before putting any presentation together
- Key elements of influence and persuasion
- Using language, vocal and visual presence more effectively
- Presenting under pressure – from TV interviews to board-room inquisitions
- Considering your audience and why they should listen
- The “What’s in it for me” syndrome
- Defining the purpose, objectives and the limitations of a presentation
- Key interests and culture
- Responding flexibly to audience feedback regarding timing, emphasis and adjustment of content
- The “social style” of the members of the audience: amiable, expressive, analytic and driver
- Appreciating the context and content of communication
- Reading and responding to non-verbal signals
- The impact of first impressions
- Positive and negative body language signals
- Voice projection
- Syndicate Presentation: How to recognise and respond to visual clues about your audience’s attention and responses to your presentation
- The psychology of being visual
- Which visual aids work best?
- Using OVH projector, Data projection, flip chart and handouts
- How to use pre-sent material when handling a conference call
- Designing slides and use of animation
- Obeying the twin laws - Clarity and Brevity
- Best practice examples and worst-case scenarios!
- Syndicate Exercise: Designing focused visuals and presenting with multimedia tools
- How to tailor your approach to suit your client's culture, social style and business environment
- Executive summary - techniques for improving the most important section of your proposal
- Structuring the Presentation
- How and when to present back up written material
- Setting the scene and establishing ground rules
- When to handle questions
- Preparing for questions
- Techniques for handling the unsolicited or hostile question
- Regaining control after an interruption
- Asking for and checking commitment from your audience
- Presentations are filmed on CCTV
- Debrief focuses on:
- How you come across to your audience
- Reading and reacting to body language
- Techniques for overcoming nerves
- Enhancing personal style - vocal and visual presence
- Listening skills and audience interaction
- Visual aids, clarity and structure of the presentation
- Handling questions and objections
- Gaining commitment
- Participants take a copy of their presentation away for self-study
Graeme is an independent Training Consultant specialising in Sales, Leadership and Personal Impact Training. Graeme has 17 years of experience training participants in 25 countries across the world.
- What kind of courses do you offer?
- How long are your courses?
- Where do you deliver your courses?
- What can I expect from attending your course?
- How do I register?
- What happens after I register?
- How do I pay?
- Whatâ€™s included in the price?
- Do you offer any discounts?
- What is your Cancellation Policy
- Who are your Trainers?