ERM Enterprise Risk Management
The objective of this 2 day course is to provide participants with the necessary knowledge and skill set to understand the risk management processes and explore the benefits of Enterprise Risk Management and COSO – ERM framework.
You will have a chance to learn how to design and implement an appropriate Enterprise Risk Management system including policies, procedures and practices in order to:
Main topics covered include:
What Will You Learn
Main Topics Covered During This Training
Who Should Attend
From banks, financial institutions and corporates:
ERM - Enterprise Risk Management - A 2 Day Programme
- What is Risk?
- International Risk Management Frameworks
- COSO – A high level view
- The ERM Funnel
- ERM and Corporate Governance
- Auditors in ERM
- The COSO ERM framework in detail
- The internal organizational environment
- Setting objectives for ERM
- Event identification
- Risk assessment
- Risk response
- Control activities
- Information & communication
- Internal control & its relationship to ERM
- ERM roles & responsibilities
- Standards, Implementation factors
- Designing the organization
- Establishing and ERM process/system
- Assessing risk and risk analysis
- Determining the risk appetite
- Identifying the risk response
- Impact versus probability
- Communicating the results
- Management oversight
- Evolving audit approaches
- The ERM information flow and forces driving the ERM process
- Internal audit options
- Question from the Board of Directors
- Maintaining independence
- A practical approach to implementing ERM within the organization.
- Process documentation
- Storyboard flowcharting techniques
- Mapping risks to processes
- Operational audit and governance
- Control objectives and environment
- ERM and its related risk management processes
- Key risk fears
- Level of preparedness
- Business activity priorities
- Public & private companies – different views of ERM
- Balancing diverse interests
- Using the value driven approach
- Evaluating the risk process
- Current state assessment
- Risk maturity benchmarking
- Building risk capabilities
- Risk identification and prioritization
- Calibrating definitions and criteria
- The Prioritized risk map
- Risk quantification and valuation
- Defining value (two views)
- Analysis out puts
- Risk response solutions
- Risk appetite – two different views
- Evaluating solutions
- Risk management implementation
- Choosing the right ERM technology
- Governance culture and disclosure
- Project and implementation planning
- Annual 10-K disclosures
- Critical success factors
- Gap analysis
- Key risk/ performance indicators
- A Fast Growing Company
- Manufacturing Company
- Consumer Product Company
- Background to financial risk – Basel II
- Evolution of industry practices
- A silo approach to risk management
- Interdependence of risks
- Integrated ERM framework
- The “dashboard” approach
- Value integration and Business creation
- Integrating ERM into Business Processes and Value Drivers
- Balancing the hard and soft side of risk management
- Key action points
- Royal Mail Group plc - .A detailed case study concerning ERM implementation at the United Kingdom
- Nationwide Insurance - ERM in the Insurance Industry
Stanley holds a Masters degree in Economics and a BCom degree in Accounting from a major South African University. He has 44 years of banking and IT experience, 33 of which were with a major South African Bank. He has extensive exposure to banking practice and banking operations in South Africa, Israel, the USA, Europe and Australia which includes the role of advisor to a number of central banks on payment system, payments policy and payments risk issues and as a payment systems consultant to a global payments software developer.
His experience includes an industry level role in South Africa during the 1990s where he held several key positions which included that of Chairman: Risk Committee – Payments Association of South Africa and the Vice Chairman – ERAG (Electronic Risk Assessment) Group – Clearing Bankers Association. He has also served as a Board Member of the Bankserv Electronic Funds Clearing Services (Johannesburg, South Africa) and a Member of Strategy Team of the South African Reserve Bank’s “National Payments System Steering Group” that led to the development of the South African RTGS system.
More recently as an Advisor to a central bank on RTGS, Payment Systems Reform and Continuous Linked Settlement Projects he was involved in setting up the original project as well as providing inputs into various specialized aspects such as payment & settlement systems, securities settlements, risk issues, legal and regulatory issues and operational risk management procedures.
- What kind of courses do you offer?
- How long are your courses?
- Where do you deliver your courses?
- What can I expect from attending your course?
- How do I register?
- What happens after I register?
- How do I pay?
- Whatâ€™s included in the price?
- Do you offer any discounts?
- What is your Cancellation Policy
- Who are your Trainers?