Business Continuity Planning
Business Continuity Planning is the process through which an organisation ensures the maintenance or recovery of operations, including services to customers, when faced with disruptive events such as natural disasters, technological failures, human error or terrorism. Business continuity is an ongoing priority for big organisations.
This highly practical 2 day course will prepare professionals to effectively mange institutions in times of external disruptions. Through recent case studies and practical exercises you will learn how to identify potential risks and their impact as well as to prepare and implement action plans for your own institution.
Programme includes many real life case studies based on recent events as well as practical exercises and discussions.
What Will You Learn
By the end of this course you will:
Main Topics Covered During This Training
Who Should Attend
and anyone responsible for ensuring the continuity of an organisation's critical systems or processes, including project and business managers, help desk personnel and human resources professionals.
Busiess Continuity Management & Scenario Planning - A 2 Day Course
Session 1: Introduction
Session 2: Understanding Risks, threats and interndependencies
- Natural Disaster – Hurricane Katrina
- Terrorism – London July 7th
- Terrorism – 9/11 & Disruptions to the Payment System In each case study we look at the event, the impact to the financial system, specific problems and lessons learned.
- 2011 Japanese Earthquake, Tsunami & Nuclear Power Plant Failure
- What the events in Japan teach us about Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery; Successes & Failures
Richard holds a B.S. in International Business Administration from San Jose State University in California. His professional experience spans 19 years, 5 of which were spent with Wells Fargo Bank. Another 5 were spent honing his global banking skills, when Richard was involved with International Trade Finance, Real Time Gross Settlement and Cross Border Banking. The past 9 years have been in the private and high-tech sectors providing high-level consulting services, business analysis, project management and training to a wide range of banking clientele across the globe.
He has spent extensive time servicing a diversity of “financial institutional” clients, in South Africa, Poland, Sweden, Ireland, Netherlands, Greece, Bermuda, Malawi, United Kingdom and across North America. Clients include AIB Bank, Eurobank, ABSA Bank, CitiBank, Swedbank, INDEbank, IBM, Montran and Fundtech, as well as many others.
Richard has also filled the role of advisor to central banks on payment systems and technical payments issues. Furthermore, key staff from the Bank of England, South African Reserve Bank, Central Bank of Ireland and Bank of Portugal who have attended training sessions presented by Richard.
- What kind of courses do you offer?
- How long are your courses?
- Where do you deliver your courses?
- What can I expect from attending your course?
- How do I register?
- What happens after I register?
- How do I pay?
- Whatâ€™s included in the price?
- Do you offer any discounts?
- What is your Cancellation Policy
- Who are your Trainers?